About Me

My photo
Fullerton, CA
In the midst of being a stressed college student and dealing with family loss and drama, my health has spiraled out of control and I have decided I want change. I want to lose weight. Not with a lap band, not with some crazy celebrity weight loss pill but to do it right. I want to get my body in check before I don't have a choice anymore. Change is good. Change is necessary. I'm ready for this! Here's to new, healthy beginnings.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sweat = Accomplishment

I’m kind of a bundle of anticipation right now. I haven’t been able to work out for 2 days because I got an intense face peel. I had made the appointment not even considering that it would have an effect on whether or not I would be able to work out to the extreme that my regime had been assigned to me.

I’ve slept in these last couple of days and rather than waking up feeling refreshed, I woke up feeling guilty for not working out. Strange, just two weeks ago I would have no complaint as to whether or not I could sleep through a whole day and not care.

I’m already seeing change in my wants, as far as what I want to accomplish in a day. I mean by rather than after sleeping in till noon. I’d wake up nad plop down on my couch and watch hours of meaningless, poinltless television. And I would occasionally get up and make myself something to eat and resume the marathon of oblivion. Now I feel the need to constantly be in motion, but for these last two days I do enough before I start perspiring. That’s right, I can’t sweat while my dead skin cells work their way off my face. Ridiculous. I was told I COULD work out but just don’t sweat. Okay, that is impossible!

Even growing up I found that I was a “sweat-er,” any form of movement and I’m already worked up. At first I thought this was a side effect to me gaining weight but then I started to recall that everyone in my family just does that. It’s gross when you don’t want ta film of gloss coming through your prestine makeup-ed canvas. I grew up In Palm Springs, California, you would think I’d be used to it, but I’m not. My attitude towards sweating is changing though.

Now when I’m on the elliptical, I think everyone should be so jealous. I’m here busting my ass (literally) and the sweat just seeps out of these pours. Accomplishment, Endurance, Dedication. That’s what everyone is striving for when they work out, right? To feel like they are making a difference. Chugging water passionately as you are keeping your heart rate at 155 and growing feels great, almost invincible. Feel every muscle form your upper torso down to your toes as you take the next stride to victory in your workout session alone is one of your small triumphs in that day.

I miss working out…wait did I just say that?!? Whoa, change is a coming and boy, am I ready for it!!!

“There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction.”
~Winston Churchill~

No comments:

Post a Comment